Thursday, July 7, 2011

Part 1 - A Memorable Mixture of Excitement and Misfortunes

My father’s roots came from Bicol. He grew up in Gubat, Sorsogon until he decided to go and reside in Manila for college. We once lived in Bicol only for months when I was kid, but because my Pap’s and Ma’s work were in Manila, we left Gubat and we just go and visit every summer vacation. Our place in Bicol is a haven of relaxation and simplicity of life. That’s what I really miss most in our province.

Here's how it all started! That was October 10, 2010 (10-10-10), and Cebu Pacific's giving away promos of air tickets for just 10 PHP base fare! We hurriedly faced our computers and waited for 12MN (Philippine time) to grab some promos! I checked first MNLA-LEGASPI, and then we're booked right away! After Bicol, Sepo checked some destinations where he can treat his family, and ended in Cebu. Again, another jackpot! ^__^

Our confirmed e-ticket! ^__^ - see how cheap we got?! This ticket is for five person.


The date we booked was supposedly the date for Pap's family reunion (Holy Week 2011). Well, that's what I thought. 'Til we've found out later on that those dates were not. Waaaaaah! We booked the wrong dates! (Paktay!) We have no choice but to continue the trip, and it would be a waste of effort if we don't avail it. This was also my siblings Teban and Memer's first airplane ride.

My brother Daryl decided to go back to Philippines last January after staying two years in Doha. So, he wasn't really included in our trip's budget. The promo fares were done. We've waited, but nothing came. We have no choice but to purchase the regular fare of Cebu Pacific for my brother.


My bro's ticket, ang mahal.. sigh.. :( 

In addition to, we don't have yet our tickets going back to Manila. I checked Zest Air and they got a promo, but not as good as Cebu Pacific. We purchased our tickets online through Sepo's brother-in-law, Kuya Chad's credit card! (Thanks Kuya! ^__^) Then were done with the tickets! Yey! 

Good enough for six pax, ayt?

Our tickets costs 5,390.88 PHP back & forth, for six persons! Good deal huh?! ^^

Since then, I've been busy searching tourist spots near Sorsogon. Even though we're from Bicol, Me and my Pap haven't got much idea on where to go and enjoy, aside from the famous Rizal Beach and Masacrot Spring. 

Lakwatserong Tatay's blog was a big help! ^__^ Thank you Sir! This blog gave me lots of travel informations not just for Bicol, but as well as for other tourist destinations. His blog is very informative. After some researches and readings, I've came up to this itinerary,


Expenses ^_^
Tourist Spots


My own personalized itinerary. ^_^ 

Pretty much convincing huh? ^__^ The budget, tickets, itinerary, and I even contacted a van rental for our Legaspi tour, were all set! Excited much! My Pap already talked to his older sister, Mama Fe, and asked a favor to let us stay in their home for 3 days. And were just waiting for the said dates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment